This copr repo is mesa-git with the following additional patches: -Vulkan device selection layer (for multiple non-nvidia igpu+dgpu combos such as laptops): https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/merge_requests/1766 -ACO enabled by default: https://github.com/daniel-schuermann/mesa/commit/b63f49c6f6eabdbdd58dd38ee36d8ca8ef2a15ed
This repo may also occasionally contain additional pending PR patches if necessary for game specific or ACO specific fixes.
- This repo checks every hour for updates to mesa-git and submits new builds if changes are found.
Vulkan device selection layer:
WHY DEVICE SELECT OPTION?
- Device Select is only necessary for multi-gpu setups, such as amd apu + amd gpu and games that use Vulkan natively, both in WINE and native linux.
- Some games force the igpu to be used, so a way to tell it to use the dgpu for vulkan is needed, this is why this patch exists.
- This is the vulkan equivalent of DRI_PRIME=1.
Some examples of native vulkan games that benefit from this:
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Examples of use case:
- If you have a ryzen laptop with vega integrated graphics, and also has a dedicated GPU like an RX560X or RX 5500M
- If you have a ryzen 2200G/2400G desktop with vega integrated graphics and also have a dedicated GPU such as an RX 560/570/580
In both of the above cases, some native Vulkan games, DOOM for example, will force usage on the vega igpu instead of the dedicated GPU.
This is where this layer comes in.
PLEASE MANUALLY CREATE THE REPO. QUICK ENABLE WILL ONLY ENABLE 64 BIT. YOU NEED 32 BIT (i686) AND 64 BIT (x86_64):
Copy the following and paste it into a new file
[gloriouseggroll-mesa-aco] name=gloriouseggroll-mesa-aco baseurl=https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/gloriouseggroll/mesa-aco/fedora-$releasever-$basearch/ type=rpm-md skip_if_unavailable=True gpgcheck=1 gpgkey=https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/gloriouseggroll/mesa-aco/pubkey.gpg repo_gpgcheck=0 enabled=1 enabled_metadata=1 [gloriouseggroll-mesa-aco-i386] name=gloriouseggroll-mesa-aco-i386 baseurl=https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/gloriouseggroll/mesa-aco/fedora-$releasever-i386/ type=rpm-md skip_if_unavailable=True gpgcheck=1 gpgkey=https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/gloriouseggroll/mesa-aco/pubkey.gpg repo_gpgcheck=0 enabled=1 enabled_metadata=1
sudo dnf update --best --allowerasing
TO UNDO CHANGES AND REVERT SYSTEM TO STOCK:
sudo dnf distro-sync
Usage instructions for native vulkan device selection are as follows:
- Get your device's vendor id and device id:
# lspci -nn | grep -i vga 43:00.0 VGA compatible controller : Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Vega 20 [Radeon VII] [1002:66af] (rev c1)
Device ID in the example above: 1002:66af
- Set before game launch command:
Example for Steam launch options:
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
|Fedora 32||i386 (0)*, x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 32 (53 downloads)|
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.