Tilix is a tiling terminal emulator which uses the VTE GTK+ 3 widget with the following features:
- Layout terminals in any fashion by splitting them horizontally or vertically
- Terminals can be re-arranged using drag and drop both within and between windows
- Terminals can be detached into a new window via drag and drop
- Input can be synchronized between terminals so commands typed in one terminal are replicated to the others
- The grouping of terminals can be saved and loaded from disk
- Terminals support custom titles
- Color schemes are stored in files and custom color schemes can be created by simply creating a new file
- Transparent background
- Background images
- Quake mode support (i.e. drop-down terminal)
- Custom hyperlinks
- Automatic (triggered) profile switches based on hostname and directory
- Supports notifications when processes are completed out of view. Requires the Fedora notification patches for VTE
- Experimental trigger support (Requires patched VTE, see wiki )
- Experimental badge support (Requires patched VTE, see wiki
The application was written using GTK 3 and an effort was made to conform to GNOME Human Interface Guidelines (HIG). As a result, it does use CSD (i.e. the GTK HeaderBar) though it can be disabled if necessary. Other than GNOME, only Unity has been tested officially though users have had success with other desktop environments.
Instructions not filled in by author. Author knows what to do. Everybody else should avoid this repo.
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
|Epel for CentOS 7||x86_64 (0)*||Epel 7 (194 downloads)|
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.