Collection of additional packages that improve my experience with
sway(1) on Fedora.
All the rpm package specs here are free to use for any purposes, including submitting Fedora package review.
-- A minimal and flexible login manager daemon that makes no assumptions about what you want to launch.
Setup guide: https://man.sr.ht/~kennylevinsen/greetd/
- greetd-gtkgreet (spec) -- GTK based greeter for greetd.
- greetd-tuigreet (spec) -- Graphical console greeter for greetd.
- greetd-wlgreet (spec) -- Raw wayland based greeter for greetd.
- oguri (spec) -- A very nice animated wallpaper daemon for Wayland compositors.
-- Fork of
rofiwith wayland (wlr-layer-shell) support.
-- Sway git snapshots compiled with static wlroots and installable side by side with stable sway from Fedora repositories.
/usr/bin/swaybar-gitbinaries; everything else would be used from the regular
-- Tools, utilities and unit files to handle a systemd-user sway session.
Provides new session "Sway Service" with support of systemd targets and user services.
-- Wayland protocol dumper.
MITM proxy for getting the protocol information that is not available from
- wlrctl (spec) -- Utility for miscellaneous wlroots extensions
- xembed-sni-proxy (spec)
-- Legacy xembed tray icons support for SNI-only system trays.
xembedsniproxybinary extracted from
plasma-workspace. Does not require installing whole KDE to support legacy app tray icons.
- yambar (spec) -- Modular status panel for X11 and Wayland
- Install sway from the official Fedora repository:
dnf install sway
dnf module install sway
dnf copr enable alebastr/sway-extras
- Install desired packages from this repository.
Special notes for
Due to the same binary name this package conflicts with regular
Recommended installation command if you already have
rofi installed is
dnf swap rofi rofi-wayland
Forked project does not implement
window mode and may fail to start if your existing configuration references it.
The solution is to open the configuration file (
~/.config/rofi/config.rasi) and remove
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
|Fedora 33||aarch64 (0)*, armhfp (0)*, x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 33 (150 downloads)|
|Fedora 34||aarch64 (0)*, armhfp (0)*, x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 34 (106 downloads)|
|Fedora rawhide||aarch64 (0)*, armhfp (0)*, x86_64 (0)*||Fedora rawhide (72 downloads)|
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.
External Repository List
The following repositories are accessible during builds