kitty - A terminal emulator
- Uses OpenGL for rendering, offloads rendering to the GPU for lower system load and buttery smooth scrolling. Uses threaded rendering to minimize input latency.
- Supports all modern terminal features: graphics (images), unicode, true-color, OpenType ligatures, mouse protocol, focus tracking, bracketed paste and so on.
- Supports tiling multiple terminal windows side by side in different layouts without needing to use an extra program like tmux
- Can be controlled from scripts or the shell prompt, even over SSH.
- Has a framework for kittens, small terminal programs that can be used to extend kitty’s functionality. For example, they are used for Unicode input and URL hints.
- Supports startup sessions which allow you to specify the window/tab layout, working directories and programs to run on startup.
- Cross-platform support: kitty currently works on Linux and macOS, but because it uses only OpenGL for rendering, it should be trivial to port to other platforms.
- Allows you to open the scrollback buffer in a separate window using arbitrary programs of your choice. This is useful for browsing the history comfortably in a pager or editor.
Standard copr installation should work:
dnf copr enable oleastre/kitty-terminal dnf install kitty
Note that this package will also update you hardbuzz version
Any packaging related issues can be reported to https://github.com/oleastre/kitty/issues
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
|Fedora 32||x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 32 (0 downloads)|
|Fedora 33||x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 33 (89 downloads)|
|Fedora 34||x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 34 (88 downloads)|
|Fedora 35||x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 35 (2 downloads)|
|Fedora rawhide||x86_64 (0)*||Fedora rawhide (79 downloads)|
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.