ZDoom is a family of enhanced ports (modifications) of the Doom engine for running on modern operating systems. It runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X, and adds new features not found in the games as originally published by id Software.
ZDoom features the following that is not found in the original Doom:
- Runs on all modern versions of Windows, Mac, and Linux distributions.
- Can play all Doom engine games, including Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, and more.
- Supports all editing features of Hexen.
- Supports most of the Boom editing features.
- Supports new features such as colored lighting, 3D floors, and much more.
- All Doom limits are gone.
- Several softsynths for MUS and MIDI playback, including OPL softsynth for an authentitc "oldschool" flavor.
- High resolutions.
- Quake-style console and key bindings.
- Free look.
- Jumping, crouching, swimming, and flying.
- Up to 8 player network games using UDP/IP, including team-based gameplay.
- Support for the Bloodbath announcer from the classic Monolith game Blood.
- Walk over/under monsters and other things.
GZDoom provides an OpenGL renderer and HQnX rescaling.
Instructions not filled in by author. Author knows what to do. Everybody else should avoid this repo.
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
|Fedora 31||x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 31 (37 downloads)|
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.