0xbaaaadf8/kernel-xanmod( forked from rmnscnce/kernel-xanmod )
Project ID: 89090
XanMod is a general-purpose Linux kernel distribution with custom settings and new features. Built to provide a stable, responsive and smooth desktop experience.
The real-time version is recommended for critical runtime applications such as Linux gaming eSports, streaming, live productions and ultra-low latency enthusiasts.
Supports all recent 64-bit versions of Fedora® Linux.
※ Note: The current proprietary NVIDIA, VirtualBox, VMware Workstation / Player and some other akmod/dkms modules builds do not officially support Clang'ed (EXPTL) and RT kernels.
- Preemptive Full Tickless Kernel at 500Hz w/ Tuned CPU Core Scheduler.
- RCU Boost for better responsiveness and lower overall system latency.
- Full multi-core block layer runqueue requests for high I/O throughput.
- Caching, Virtual Memory Manager and CPUFreq Governor improvements.
- BBRv2 TCP congestion control + FQ-PIE packet scheduling and AQM algorithm.
- ORC Unwinder for kernel stack traces (debuginfo) implementation.
- High responsiveness multitasking Task Type scheduler (SCHED_NORMAL) build available [5.15-tt].
- Real-time Linux kernel (PREEMPT_RT) build available [5.13-rt].
- Third-party patchset available: patches
- CK's high-resolution kernel timers (hrtimer) enhancement.
- le9's file mappings under memory pressure protection.
- Linux Random Number Generator (LRNG) framework.
- AMD's P-state driver for Zen2 and Zen3 processors [5.15].
- Futex waitv and legacy WAIT_MULTIPLE implementation for Wine / Proton Fsync support.
- WineSync driver for fast kernel-backed Wine [5.15] [as module: winesync].
- Google's Multigenerational LRU framework [5.14].
- Google's BBRv2 TCP congestion control.
- Paragon's Software NTFS3 driver [as module: ntfs3].
- PCIe ACS Override for bypassing IOMMU groups support.
- Graysky's additional CPU optimizations for GCC and Clang.
- Clear Linux patchset [partial].
- Android Ashmem and Binder IPC driver as module for Anbox.
- Updated ZSTD library for bug fixes and r/w performance compression improvements on Btrfs, F2FS, SquashFS, pstore, initramfs and vmlinuz.
- Kernel package for compatibility with the Fedora® Linux, EPEL 8*^, and CentOS Stream* distribution
- GPLv2 license. Can be built for any distribution or purpose.
^) XanMod kernel is NOT based on RHCK and thus may break bug-for-bug compatibility with RHEL (for instance,
kmod packages from ELRepo will NOT work, and
akmod packages from RPMFusion may not be compatible with the
kernel-devel of XanMod kernel). You should not run this software on a machine that requires compatibility with RHEL.
[ DEPRECATED replaced by the
tt variant ]
※Don't forget to install the respective
-devel package if you use
Enable the Copr repo:
sudo dnf copr enable rmnscnce/kernel-xanmod
And now install the kernel:
sudo dnf in kernel-xanmod-edge
if you want
edge but built with LLVM+Clang with full LTO:
sudo dnf in kernel-xanmod-exptl
Important -- Notes for
As you can see here, NVIDIA apparently don't support LLVM+LTO kernels. There's no one that can (legally) fix it other than NVIDIA themselves. For now, you should manually build the NVIDIA kmod using the
sudo env CC=clang HOSTCC=clang LD=ld.lld LLVM=1 LLVM_IAS=1 akmods -fin the terminal to do so.
※ This might also apply for other proprietary kernel modules like VMWare and Broadcom's
wl driver. Adjust accordingly.
[ DEPRECATED replaced by the
tt variant ] if you want the variant with CacULE patches:
# Since 5.15.x this will install kernel-xanmod-tt sudo dnf in kernel-xanmod-cacule
if you want the variant with the TT scheduler patches:
sudo dnf in kernel-xanmod-tt
if you want to use LTS kernels:
sudo dnf in kernel-xanmod-lts
if you want to do RT workloads:
sudo dnf in kernel-xanmod-rt
Additionally, you can self-sign the kernel image and modules for UEFI secure boot. Follow the instructions here
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
|Centos-stream 8||x86_64 (0)*||Centos-stream 8 (5 downloads)|
|Centos-stream 9||x86_64 (0)*||Centos-stream 9 (5 downloads)|
|EPEL 8||x86_64 (0)*||EPEL 8 (5 downloads)|
|Fedora 36||x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 36 (0 downloads)|
|Fedora 37||x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 37 (5 downloads)|
|Fedora 38||x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 38 (7 downloads)|
|Fedora rawhide||x86_64 (0)*||Fedora rawhide (5 downloads)|
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.