This repository contains the Monte Carlo Event Generators used in High Energy Physics and related tools. The packages for EL7 are compiled with the maximal set of features. Some technical details are given below.
Exceptions in dependencies for El7:
- The support of MCFM for SHERPA-MC is in progress
- The support of Delphes for SHERPA-MC is disabled, the interface is defunct
- The OpenLoops is compilled with limited set of processes
Exceptions in dependencies for El8: same as for EL7, plus
- The support of cernlib for SHERPA-MC is in progress
- cernlib is not build/in progress
Newer versions of software for EL7 in progress:
- tmdlib 1.0.7+ has huge source tarballs
Packages with large amount of added codes:
- rapgap -- added support for Rivet/HepMC3
- cascade -- added support for Rivet/HepMC3
- ThePEG -- added support for HepMC3
- Rivet -- bugfixes for HepMC3 support
- fjcontrib -- adde compilation of shared libraries
- TheP8I -- is a subset of older ThePEG codes
- lhapdf-sets-Herwig -- a technical packages that provides a set of PDF needed to build Herwig
- lhapdf-sets-whizard -- a technical packages that provides a set of PDF needed to build whizard
Packages with offline source codes:
- golem95 -- the online sources were lost during the migration of hepforge
To use the repository with RHEL7/CentOS7/etc. with root privilegies
yum install yum-plugin-copr
yum copr enable averbyts/fastjet
Alternatively you can also download a repo file and place it to
Then the packages can be installed with a standard yum command, e.g.
yum install Herwig
In case you don't have root privileges you still can use this repository in an automatic way.
- Copy yum configuration file from the system directory somewhere
cp /etc/yum.conf ./myyum.conf
- Get the .repo file for this repository
- Add the lines from averbyts-fastjet-epel-7.repo to the to the end of the myyum.conf:
cat averbyts-fastjet-epel-7.repo >> myyum.conf
- Download the needed packages with a standard yumdownloader command
yumdownloader --resolve --downloadonly --config=./myyum.conf --downloaddir=/my/download/directory SHERPA-MC
The dependencies will be downloaded as well.
- Extract the content of downloaded RPMs, e.g.
rpm2cpio /my/download/directory/SHERPA-MC-2.2.8-14.el7.x86_64.rpm | cpio -idmv /plac/ewhere/you/want/to/install/it
rpm2cpio /my/download/directory/openloops-2.1.1-3.el7.x86_64.rpm | cpio -idmv /plac/ewhere/you/want/to/install/it
- Setup environment variables like
$LD_LIBRARY_PATHto point to your installation directory.
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
|Epel for CentOS 7||x86_64 (0)*||Epel for CentOS 7 (27 downloads)|
|Epel for CentOS 8||x86_64 (0)*||Epel for CentOS 8 (5 downloads)|
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.
External Repository List
The following repositories are accessible during builds