SLiM is an evolutionary simulation framework that combines a powerful engine for population genetic simulations with the capability of modeling arbitrarily complex evolutionary scenarios. Simulations are configured via the integrated Eidos scripting language that allows interactive control over practically every aspect of the simulated evolutionary scenarios. The underlying individual-based simulation engine is highly optimized to enable modeling of entire chromosomes in large populations. We also provide a graphical user interface on macOS and Linux for easy simulation set-up, interactive runtime control, and dynamical visualization of simulation output.
Enable the COPR repository then install using DNF.
sudo dnf copr enable bacarson/SLiM-Selection_on_Linked_Mutations
sudo dnf install SLiM
Please note that this package,
SLiM, conflicts with Simple Login Manager, which is packaged and distributed from the official Fedora repository as
slim. This conflict is being discussed and will be resolved in the future.
On RedHat Enterprise Linux 8, the EPEL 8 repository with the CentOS logo is compatible, as RHEL is the upstream of CentOS; enabling the COPR repository as instructed above should work; if it doesn't work, please try the .repo file or the .rpm directly and if that fails contact Bryce Carson.
There are two mailing lists. Please subscribe to either or both using the links below:
- slim-announce: A low-volume mailing list for announcements only. Users may not post to this list.
- slim-discuss: A higher-volume mailing list for questions, comments, bug reports, and discussion among users of SLiM.
Reporting Package Issues
Issues with installation or package dependencies should be directed to Bryce Carson (email@example.com). Please use a subject line of:
SLiM-Packaging: [Distribution (E.g. RHEL 8)].
Examples of packaging issues:
- The package fails to install
- Dependencies for SLiM cannot be satisfied with the default repositories in the distribution of choice
- Desktop integration issues
3.6-5 Sat Apr 24 2021, Bryce Carson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fixed email address in previous changelog entry.
- Included a conflict tag to prevent users of this package from using the conflicting binary in Simple Login Manager.
3.6-4 Sat Mar 20 2021, Bryce Carson (email@example.com)
- Added support for openSUSE (with SUSE Linux Enterprise users possibly able to use the openSUSE RPM).
- Cleaned up the changelog.
[<jobs>]argument to the cmake
--paralleloption was removed, so that Copr uses the default number of concurrent processes (and hopefully the maximum number, rather than hardcoding eight processes).
3.6-3 Wed Mar 3 2021, Bryce Carson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Application of patch to allow building on Fedora 34 and Fedora Rawhide.
3.6-2 Wed Mar 3 2021, Bryce Carson (email@example.com)
- Specified required Qt 5.15.2 on Fedora 34.
- Added package version in previous changelog entry.
3.6-1 Wed Mar 3 2021, Bryce Carson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- New package release.
- Removed source edits that were addressed upstream.
3.5-6 Sun Jan 31 2021, Bryce Carson (email@example.com)
- spec file improvements; brace expansion used and sorting performed.
- FreeDesktop compliance improvements; the organization domain and application name are corrected and are now compliant.
- Source modifications allow Gnome Classic to display the proper application name.
- The symbolic application icon is now created programmatically from upstream icons in the source, rather than a second source file.
3.5-5 Thu Jan 28 2021, Bryce Carson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- org.messerlab.slimgui.desktop changed in prep to correct Categories value; fixes desktop integration on Fedora 33 when using Gnome Classic environment.
- New symbolic icon included; improves desktop integration on Fedora 33 when using Gnome 3 with Wayland.
- Edited the changelog to not refer to the prep stage as a macro, simply "prep", to fix rpmlint warnings.
3.5-4 Thu Jan 14 2021, Bryce Carson (email@example.com)
- org.messerlab.slimgui.desktop changed in prep to correct StartupWMClass and icon; fixes desktop integration on Fedora 33.
- Sorted changelog in descending chronological order.
3.5-3 Sun Dec 06 2020, Bryce Carson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Updated the requires in the .spec file (and thus the package dependencies) to reflect updates to Qt5 on Fedora 33.
- Qt5 5.15.2 now required on Fedora 33.
3.5-2 Unreleased, Bryce Carson (email@example.com)
- Changed the tar command in .spec file to address discrepancy between GitHub archive URI and downloaded source archive.
3.5-1 Unreleased, Bryce Carson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Created new release package
- Differences from 3.4-8 include removal of necessary source modifications for 3.4
- The source modifications for 3.4 were addressed by the upstream
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
|Centos-stream 8||x86_64 (0)*||Centos-stream 8 (77 downloads)|
|Epel for CentOS 8||x86_64 (0)*||Epel for CentOS 8 (95 downloads)|
|Fedora 32||x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 32 (0 downloads)|
|Fedora 33||x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 33 (100 downloads)|
|Fedora 34||x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 34 (78 downloads)|
|Fedora 35||x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 35 (27 downloads)|
|Fedora rawhide||x86_64 (0)*||Fedora rawhide (78 downloads)|
|openSUSE Leap 15.1||x86_64 (0)*||openSUSE Leap 15.1 (0 downloads)|
|openSUSE Leap 15.2||x86_64 (0)*||openSUSE Leap 15.2 (78 downloads)|
|openSUSE Tumbleweed||x86_64 (0)*||openSUSE Tumbleweed (75 downloads)|
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.