LinuxCNC controls CNC machines.
It can drive milling machines, lathes, 3D printers, laser cutters, plasma cutters, robot arms, hexapods, and more.
- Runs under Linux (optionally with realtime extensions).
- Simple installation on Debian and Ubuntu, or via our Live/Install DVD/USB images.
- Accepts G-code input, drives CNC machines in response.
- Active user community.
- Several different GUIs available.
- Compatible with many popular machine control hardware interfaces.
- Supports rigid tapping, cutter compensation, and many other advanced control features.
- Full source code available under the terms of the GNU GPLv2 (General Public License version 2).
Project Home Page: http://linuxcnc.org/
Note: The linuxcnc.spec file is still a work in progress, however it is fully usable on a daily basis - physically tested with Mesa 7I92 only.
- Source-git repository: https://github.com/dwrobel/linuxcnc/ (see fedora sub-directory)
- Fedora copr repository: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/dwrobel/linuxcnc/
# enable kernel-rt installation sudo dnf config-manager --enable rt sudo dnf install dnf-plugins-core # for python3-yapps2 sudo dnf copr enable dwrobel/python-Yapps2 # for mesaflash utility sudo dnf copr enable dwrobel/mesaflash # for linuxcnc and other dependencies currently not available on centos-9 sudo dnf copr enable dwrobel/linuxcnc-centos-9 sudo dnf install linuxcnc-uspace # add yourself to the realtime group sudo usermod -a -G realtime $(whoami) # realtime configuration sudo systemctl enable tuned sudo tuned-adm profile realtime # Adjust other realtime parameters # - /etc/tuned/bootcmdline (e.g. TUNED_BOOT_CMDLINE) # - /etc/tuned/realtime-variables.conf (e.g. isolated_cores) # - /etc/sysctl.d/90-sched-rt.conf (kernel.sched_rt_runtime_us=1000000) # check realtime jitter latency-test # consider to run the real CNC controller linuxcnc
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
|Centos-stream 9||x86_64 (157)*||Centos-stream 9 (43 downloads)|
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.
External Repository List
The following repositories are accessible during builds