DNSMeter is a tool for testing performance of nameserver and/or infrastructure around it. It generates dns queries and sends them via UDP to a target nameserver and counts the answers.
- payload can be given as text file or pcap file
- can automatically run different load steps, which can be given as list or ranges
- results per load step can be stored in CSV file
- sender address can be spoofed from a given network or from pcap file, if payload is a pcap file
- answers are counted, even if source address is spoofed, if answers get routed back to the load generator
- roundtrip-times are measured (average, min, mix)
- amount of DNSSEC queries can be given as percentage of total traffic
- optimized for high amount of packets. On an Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2430 v2 @ 2.50GHz it can generate more than 900.000 packets per second
Following repositories are included:
dnf copr enable @dnsoarc/dnsmeter
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
|Epel for CentOS 7||aarch64 (0)*, x86_64 (0)*||Epel for CentOS 7 (59 downloads)|
|Epel for CentOS 8||aarch64 (0)*, x86_64 (0)*||Epel for CentOS 8 (70 downloads)|
|Fedora 32||aarch64 (0)*, armhfp (0)*, x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 32 (0 downloads)|
|Fedora 33||aarch64 (0)*, armhfp (0)*, x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 33 (40 downloads)|
|Fedora 34||aarch64 (0)*, armhfp (0)*, x86_64 (0)*||Fedora 34 (11 downloads)|
|Fedora rawhide||aarch64 (0)*, armhfp (0)*, x86_64 (0)*||Fedora rawhide (48 downloads)|
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.