If you have Dell Inspiron 7xxx or other similar laptop and face battery detection issues, using this kernel instead of default one might help. The main symptom is battery slot being present, but battery being absent:
[root@dell9 ~]# dmesg | grep batt [ 1.248629] ACPI: Battery Slot [BAT0] (battery absent)
About this repo
This is Fedora LInux Kernel for use with Dell laptops. It has the following configuration flag:
- Battery absent with kernel 4.6
- Battery not detected at boot on Dell Inspiron Series 7000 model 7437 with v4.2
- Battery not working since Fedora 24 on Dell Inspiron 7537
- No battery after boot. Dell 7537
- 15.10 - no battery detected in Dell Inspiron 7000 series laptops
- Ubuntu 14.04 doesn’t recognize laptop battery in Dell Inspiron 15 7537
- 16.04 - Battery not detected until plugged in via AC
- acpi: allow for an override to set _REV
Enable this repo by typing
sudo dnf copr enable gronki/kernel-dell
Exclude the default kernel from the repositories, edit the .repo files
Append following at the end of each of three sections in both files:
exclude=kernel* perf python-perf
Note that the above change will crash PackageKit while trying to fetch updates in Fedora 24. After moving to 25, everything works for me.
You need to add following boot parameters to
After installing new kernel and rebooting, run:
dmesg | grep ACPI | grep REV
and check if it says
[ 0.000055] ACPI: Overriding _REV return value to 5
The battery indicator should be working again.
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.