NoteKit is now available in the official Fedora repositories 🎉 ! Though, because of some licensing issues, the cLaTeXMath support was temporarily dropped (all the licenses are there, it is just unclear under which license some files are, so hosting it on COPR shouldn't cause any issue). The problem is that it may cause issues for those who were using the COPR and will upgrade into the Fedora packages, as they will be loosing some important functionalities they were using. In order to prevent that, the NoteKit Epoch on this COPR was set to override Fedora builds to keep cLaTeXMath support for those who installed it previously using this repo. But, I strongly discourage anyone from using this COPR anymore. If you're still interested in cLaTeXMath support, sp1ritCS provides Fedora OBS builds for NoteKit with cLaTeXMath support until the cLaTeXMath issues are addressed :D !
This program is a structured notetaking application based on GTK+ 3. Write your notes in instantly-formatted Markdown, organise them in a tree of folders that can be instantly navigated from within the program, and add hand-drawn notes by mouse, touchscreen or digitiser.
I figured it would be nice to have a free-software, platform-independent OneNote. While there is a remarkable number of free (speech or beer) notetaking applications out there, to my best knowledge, none of them simultaneously check the following boxes:
- note organisation
- text as a first-class object
- simple, standard on-disk format
- tablet input
- To create a new note, doubleclick a
+node in the tree view and enter a name.
- To create a new folder, doubleclick a
+node in the tree view and enter a name ending in
- To edit the default colour palette, right-click a colour picker.
- Drawings can currently only be deleted whole. (This will be fixed eventually.)
- Files are saved automatically when the window is closed, or when a different file is opened.
- The document formatting is mostly based on standard
GtkSourceViewlanguage and style files. If you want to change colours or syntax highlighting rules, you can edit them in the
- The program loads a custom Gtk+ stylesheet found in
data/stylesheet.css. Clear it if parts of the UI look wonky.
- When copypasting text into other applications, drawings will be automatically converted into data URL PNGs.
Late alpha. Creating and editing notes and drawing works well enough, but many basic quality-of-life features (such as resizing/moving drawings) are still missing.
- Selecting strokes, moving and transforming selections, etc.
- Floating figures (so drawings can exist on top of text rather than as blocks that text floats around).
- LaTeX math using
- More Markdown rendering, e.g. actually formatting links, and turning
- [ ]syntax into real checkboxes.
sudo dnf copr enable lyessaadi/notekit sudo dnf install notekit
sudo wget https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/lyessaadi/notekit/repo/fedora-31/lyessaadi-notekit-fedora-31.repo -O /etc/yum.repos.d/lyessaadi-notekit.repo rpm-ostree install notekit
If you encounter any issue or have any suggestions about the program, go here.
If you encounter any issue or have any suggestions about the spec file and this repo in general, go here.
If you want to see the spec file, to build it or improve it, go here.
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
|Fedora 35||x86_64 (130)*||Fedora 35 (0 downloads)|
|Fedora 36||x86_64 (106)*||Fedora 36 (0 downloads)|
|Fedora 37||x86_64 (130)*||Fedora 37 (33 downloads)|
|Fedora 38||x86_64 (61)*||Fedora 38 (13 downloads)|
|Fedora rawhide||x86_64 (68)*||Fedora rawhide (306 downloads)|
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.