Element is . . .
- an all-in-one secure chat app for teams, friends, and organizations. Keeps conversations in your control, safe from data-mining and ads. Talk to everyone through the open global Matrix network, protected by proper end-to-end encryption.
- more than a messaging app. Element is a shared workspace for the web. Element is a place to connect with teams. Element is a place to collaborate, to work, to discuss your current projects.
- an application that removes the barriers between apps, allowing you to connect teams and functionality like never before.
- a front-end client implementing the decentralized, secure, messaging and
data-transport protocol, Matrix.
(Note: Element was once named Riot. It was rebranded as of version 1.7.0.)
Element is free. Element is secure.
For more information: https://element.io/
VERSION MAINTENANCE NOTICE:
- Builds for RHEL7/CentOS7 (EL7, F19-based) ended with riot-1.5
- Builds for RHEL8/CentOS8 (EL8, F28-based) have been problematic w/ versions 1.6.0 and newer
- Builds for Fedora 27 ended Jan 1, 2019
- Builds for Fedora 28 ended Jun 1, 2019
- Builds for Fedora 29 ended Jan 1, 2020
- Builds for Fedora 30 ended Jun 1, 2020
- Builds for Fedora 31 ended Jan 1, 2021 (actually a smidge sooner)
- Builds for Fedora 32 likely end Jun 1, 2021
- Builds for Fedora 33 likely end Jan 1, 2022
- Builds for OpenSUSE Leap 15.0 has ended
- Builds for OpenSUSE Leap 15.1 ended Dec 1, 2020
- Builds for OpenSUSE Leap 15.2 currently functional
- Builds for OpenSUSE Tumbleweed currently functional
[NOTE: I dropped builds for i386 -- there was no demand]
Please visit https://github.com/taw00/riot-rpm for installation instructions.
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
|Centos stream||x86_64 (0)*||Centos stream (2 downloads)|
|Epel for CentOS 8||x86_64 (1)*||Epel for CentOS 8 (214 downloads)|
|Fedora 32||x86_64 (6)*||Fedora 32 (806 downloads)|
|Fedora 33||x86_64 (5)*||Fedora 33 (555 downloads)|
|openSUSE Leap 15.1||x86_64 (0)*||openSUSE Leap 15.1 (41 downloads)|
|openSUSE Leap 15.2||x86_64 (0)*||openSUSE Leap 15.2 (52 downloads)|
|openSUSE Tumbleweed||x86_64 (2)*||openSUSE Tumbleweed (64 downloads)|
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.