Element is a front-end client implementing the decentralized, secure, messaging and
data-transport protocol, Matrix.
(Note: Element was once named Riot. It was rebranded as of version 1.7.0.)
Element is more than a messaging app. Element is a shared workspace for the web. Element is a place to connect with teams. Element is a place to collaborate, to work, to discuss your current projects.
Element removes the barriers between apps, allowing you to connect teams and functionality like never before.
Element is free. Element is secure.
For more information: https://element.io/
VERSION MAINTENANCE NOTICE:
- Builds for RHEL7/CentOS7 (EL7, F19-based) ended with riot-1.5
- Builds for RHEL8/CentOS8 (EL8, F28-based) have been problematic w/ versions 1.6.0 and newer
- Builds for Fedora 27 ended Jan 1, 2019
- Builds for Fedora 28 ended Jun 1, 2019
- Builds for Fedora 29 ended Jan 1, 2020
- Builds for Fedora 30 ended Jun 1, 2020
- Builds for Fedora 31 likely end Jan 1, 2021
- Builds for Fedora 32 likely end Jun 1, 2021
- Builds for OpenSUSE Leap 15.0 has ended
- Builds for OpenSUSE Leap 15.1 should have been slated to end Dec 1, 2020, but currently having issues (unlikely to fix)
- Builds for OpenSUSE Leap 15.2 currently functional
- Builds for OpenSUSE Tumbleweed currently functional
[NOTE: I dropped builds for i386 -- there was no demand]
Please visit https://github.com/taw00/riot-rpm for installation instructions.
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
|Epel for CentOS 8||x86_64 (0)*||Epel for CentOS 8 (103 downloads)|
|Fedora 31||x86_64 (1)*||Fedora 31 (155 downloads)|
|Fedora 32||x86_64 (10)*||Fedora 32 (589 downloads)|
|openSUSE Leap 15.1||x86_64 (0)*||openSUSE Leap 15.1 (24 downloads)|
|openSUSE Leap 15.2||x86_64 (0)*||openSUSE Leap 15.2 (32 downloads)|
|openSUSE Tumbleweed||x86_64 (0)*||openSUSE Tumbleweed (45 downloads)|
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.