KDEPIM for CentOS 8 and RHEL 8.
Use these packages as a stand-in until the KDE SIG adds them to EPEL-playground.
What currently works?
KMail and Korganizer are currently built, packaged and working. Rest of Kontact/PIM suite may be added.
And there's more!
As a bonus, includes bits that are currently missing/broken and required to install some KDE SIG packages on CentOS (such as poppler-qt5 for okular).
What if there's no changelog message?
PACKAGERS: If a SPEC file has been modified, but there is no changelog message detailing the change to the upstream RHEL/Fedora/Kolab srpm, check to see if a build dependency for perl-generators has been automagically commented out:
# BuildRequires: perl-generators
Until RHBZ 1595854 is made public, I don't want to sign my name to any solution or workaround.
- Realise this is all rough and untested
- Install EPEL repo: rpm -Uvh https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-8.noarch.rpm
- Enable EPEL playground: nano /etc/yum.repos.d/epel-playground.repo # set enabled=1 for [epel-playground]
- Enable this COPR. Check the baseurl is https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/tomasm/KDEPIM-EPEL-8/epel-8-$basearch/, and doesn't have 'rhelbeta-8-' instead of 'epel-8'
- dnf install kmail korganizer
- KMail fix: edit ~/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf and comment out innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=
- start and use KMail
- e-mail me with any bugs, or (if very sure it's an upstream bug) report them upstream
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
|EPEL 8 (132 downloads)
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.
External Repository List
The following repositories are accessible during builds