A kernel from Mobian for PinePhone Pro support, but merged with Fedora kernel infrastructure.
You will require an UEFI-compatible partition layout (along with grub, shim, grubby). For example one of those:
- A ready image: https://github.com/nikhiljha/pp-fedora-sdsetup/releases/tag/ppp-0
- OSBuild for building the image: https://github.com/martinezjavier/fedora-mobility-playground
Alternative kernels for UEFI images (all are based on Fedora kernel, so anything that works on Fedora, eg. virtualization, containers, nftables, should work with those as well):
- mobianpppfdr - contains a Mobian kernel for PPP. It is generally a conservative set of patches that works stable.
- megieg25m-stable - contains a stable Megi kernel (with patches needed to support eg25-manager) which may support PP in addition to PPP. Aims to support all the hardware.
- megieg25m - contains an unstable Megi kernel (with patches needed to support eg25-manager) which may support PP in addition to PPP. Aims to support all the hardware. Those images may not work.
- javierm's cross-distro kernel - contains a minimal set of patches in process of upstreaming needed to support PPP
Source: branch mobianpppfdr on https://gitlab.com/marcinipv8/kernel-ark
Those images are provided on a best-effort basis, but there's no guarantee provided that they will work. See also: Fedora Mobility SIG
In order to ensure, that you don't accidentally upgrade to an upstream kernel (which doesn't work on PinePhone Pro as of now), edit
/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo and in
[fedora] section add:
Now, execute the following commands:
dnf copr enable marcin/kernel-efi-mobianpppfdr dnf update
For modem support you will require eg25-manager.
If you use Tow-Boot (or any non-Fedora U-Boot), ensure to
\cp -a /boot/dtb/ /boot/efi/ after each kernel installation, otherwise you will use Tow-Boot's device tree, which may be outdated and cause certain hardware support to be missing.
The following unofficial repositories are provided as-is by owner of this project. Contact the owner directly for bugs or issues (IE: not bugzilla).
|Fedora 35||aarch64 (0)*||Fedora 35 (8 downloads)|
|Fedora 36||aarch64 (0)*||Fedora 36 (9 downloads)|
|Fedora 37||aarch64 (0)*||Fedora 37 (0 downloads)|
|Fedora rawhide||aarch64 (5)*||Fedora rawhide (9 downloads)|
* Total number of packages downloaded in the last seven days.